Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Pastels

   Happy Tuesday and Happy St. Paddy's Day.  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  We have a great challenge for you this week.  We want to see your projects using pastels.....Pastels is definitely a challenge for me.  I am more of a brights girl myself, but I managed.  I created this journal page using acrylic paint for my background, and I used two of  Stampotiques new stamps: Queen of Everything, and Crowd .   I will admit that I had a rough start on this page, as I had no idea what I was doing, but it worked out, and I used PASTELS :)
   
   Last weeks "green" challenge entries were fantastic, and as always it was hard to choose....The TOP 3 last week were:

                                                                          Jose

                                                                       Mimi

                                                                         Bonnie

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the "I made TOP 3" banner on the right of my blog!


                  Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing"Pastel" projects!

                                                                Gale
                                                                  Kasha

                                                                          Chanya13
                                                                        Peggy

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have 2 weeks on Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 in 2 weeks, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC198...Have a great day and happy creating


4 comments:

Mimi said...

OH WOW - thank you so much for choosing me entry as one of the Top 3, i am over the moon. You have so made my day :) :) :) Loving the inspiration from the DT, you rock ladies :) :) ::) Big hugs, Mimi xxxx

Bonnie Garby said...

Thanks so much for including my project in your Top 3 picks!!

Sam & Poppy said...

Adore your Stampotique creation Kristen!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi,

I hope have had a good day - below is an email that I have sent to blog challenges when I see Jose nonlinking -

I am Marlene – Design Team members of blog challenges. I have sent this notice to blog challenges regarding a crafter who continues to non-link cards. I feel the only way to get Jose to play by the rules is to expose what Jose continues to do when entering challenges.



Jose has non-linked her cards to several of the challenges in which I serve as Design Team Member.



She has non-linked to your challenge # Green with entry # 6
Here is what I have done to help Jose:



1. I have reached out to Jose to explain the rules to the blog challenge

2. I have encouraged Jose to link up her cards properly so she could be eligible for a prize.

3. I have offered to teach Jose how to link back to the challenge.

4. Explained in a kind message to Jose, that we will expose what she is doing by contacting blog challenges



Here is what Jose has done:



1. Ignored or deleted our messages

2. Continues to back link her cards

3. Adds the web address of the challenges but they are not hot links

4. Deleted all of the cards she posted on her blog from 2012 – it could be she is planning to upload those creations with a new posting to entry 2014 challenges



I realize two things:



1. That not all DT member check the date of a blog posting when the card is entered in their challenge

2. That blog challenges can handle non-linking in any way they choose





It is sad when I have tried to get Jose to understand the challenge world rules and yet, Jose continues to Non- link her cards. I understand a crafters making a mistake, but I feel this is not a mistake – it is either a game Jose is playing or she just does not care about blog rule challenges.



Thank you for taking time to read our message – have a blessed day.



Marlene – Boss at Dream Valley Challenge