Thursday, November 5, 2009

PCS Thursday New Release and a Memorial

This week has been a very sad one as DT member Sarah Anderson’s 3 year old son Henry passed away. Little Henry was unable to overcome a virus that made him ill last week.

Lorie Ames has organized a way to donate for a memorial for Henry. Henry loved his local zoo and visited it almost every day in the summer. As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor. Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has created a digital stamp to help raise funds for a tree for Henry. All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp, minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree. If you would like to donate towards the tree, please visit this webpage to purchase the digi stamp: http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Digital/DigiStamps/Animals/Zoo/GiraffeAndMonkey.htm

Another way to donate to the memorial is to print out this form and mail in your donation directly: http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/Parks/PDF/MemorialTreePamphlet.pdf

Please write on the form that the donation is for Sarah Anderson’s son Henry. Once all of the money is collected, a tree and location will be selected. If you have questions about the form please contact Lorie Ames. Lorie will be in contact with Sarah along this memorial journey to ensure that her wishes are followed.
To contact Lorie, please visit her blog at http://www.live-love-laugh-create.blogspot.com/

If you don’t know Sarah and would like to learn more about her, please visit her blog: http://scrampinmama.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your help to raise money for a tree for Henry.

On a much lighter note, it's Thursday and Thursdays mean Pink Cat Studio new Digi Release.


Oh my Goodness, isn't she so super sweet? How often do you tell yourself that you are happy with a card you have made? Well, for me, that is very rare. I am always picking apart my cards. Well, not this one. I actually like this card of mine (hehehe). I was pleased with the paper combo, and happy with my little bit of coloring. I like it.

Know what else I like? EVERY single new release this week. Seriously, I could make a card with every single image. How cute are the new releases (see below). I have to tell you, I feel so fortunate to be on such a wonderful DT. Melissa the owner is not only extremely talented, but she is also so very sweet. I am loving being a part of the PCS DT. Thank you Melissa.

Please don't forget to check out the Henry Digi stamp. It's for a good cause, and I know that it would mean the world to Sarah to know we are all thinking about her at this hard time.


If you would like to send Sarah and her family a card, please contact me for her address.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today!!! Have a great day and happy creating!



10 comments:

Vicki G said...

Kristen, I love what you did for your Henry card. It's very sad that we are making a card for this occasion, but you've done a wonderful card. Your Polar card is so cute in all it's pink splendor!

Hugs

Vicki

~*Joni said...

Hi Kristen, I know it's been a while since we Digi Shack-ed together, but I stroll through your awesome blog all the time as I love seeing your work! I had to pop in today when I read the first few sentences. My heart aches for Henry's family, what a difficult time this must be for them. Melissa is incredible with all of her generosity, I am heading over there to grab this digi as I did with the Weimans. Your cards are so adorable, I would indeed be locked in my craft room with all the Pink Cat Studio digis!
hugs and happy Thursday~

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your sweet Henry card, Kristen! And your Lily card is so pretty with the pinks, blues and greens!

Danni said...

Both cards are wonderful...my heart still breaks for the Anderson's.

Basement Stamper said...

what a heartbreaking story. I would love to send her a card if you want to e-mail me her address.

Your card is perfect, it's so cute and the new images are adorable!

Maria said...

What a wonderful card for Henry. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the pretty wave design on the paper!

Love your choice of colors and fantastic papers on your second card! Such a festive looking card. Awesome job on this week's release!

Maria

Michelle Quinno said...

Both of your cards are wicked cute, Kristen! I'm so sorry about Henry. That is just too sad. My heart goes out to the family.

Scrappinangler said...

THis card is so cute! I love the sketch and DP - BG is my fav! Your coloring is beautiful. ~Tori

MacKenzie said...

Love your samples this week Kristen. Great color combo on the Lily one :-)

Mary C said...

Kristen you did a beautiful job on Henry's card. My heart goes out to his family, so heartbreaking to hear about someone taken too soon and so quickly.
Your second are is adorable. You definitrly have a knack with these cute digis!