Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hay There


Happy Tuesday all..... Did you have a wonderful Mother's Day? We went to see my Mother and Mother-in-law and then My husband and I went to the Red Sox game with my friend Pia and her hubby. Had a great day.

I made today's card when I was away in Vermont. I have a lot of High Hopes stamps that I have not even inked up yet, so I was on a mission to play with these super cute images. I used my cloud maker for the back ground. I colored the the hay, and the kids and cut them out and placed them, and then one of my friends had the "hay there" stamp. PERFECT! I don;t know who I will give this to, but I really enjoyed coloring this card.

QUESTION FOR YOU! Do you color with Copics? If no why (don't have any, intimidating, like my method better)? If no, what coloring medium do you use?

Supplies
Stamps: High Hopes
Ink: Copics, memento black, blue bashful blue su for the sky.
paper: paper Trey white, SU DP & Cardstock

9 comments:

Anne said...

Very cute card Kristen :). I have some Copics, I still haven't got the right stamping ink to use and the colours run :(. I also find it hard to get detail with them. At the moment I'm in love with watercolour pencils...

Jacilynn said...

Soo Cute! I love these images. I ordered some a couple of months ago and still haven't received. Did you experience slow shipping also?

And I use copics

Ms. Cheryl said...

Hi, I'm trying to use copics. I haven't tried anything else. I need more copics so I can have 2-3 close colors in the same color family.The Prism paper is the best paper and momento ink is the correct ink to use to prevent the bleeding and feathering. That I know for sure. You should have 2-3 colors closely related to blend well. For example... green carpet looked good when I used YG05,07,09.And you always color in with the lightest first then blend inward with the darker colors going from lightest to darkest. ms.cheryl

Peggy said...

This is just so cute. And, as usual, you did a perfect job cutting these kids out!!! Yes, I use copics but they do take practice..

Michelle Quinno said...

OMG, they are way too cute! Nice job!!

I'm definitely intimidated by Copics. I use them in little bits. I only have a handful to play with so that doesn't help either.

What I love to color with are Prismas and Gamsol, or the Aqua Painter and SU inks. Coloring is not my forte!

Leslie said...

Hey Kristen!! How are you? Great I hope. I hope, hope, hope that some of the images I get sent back to me are High Hopes stamps, they just look so darn cute here on your blog. You do such fantastic work. As for coloring my images, I use Prisma Markers, close to Copics, I use India Ink, Momento and Versafine onyx black to stamp my images. I don't have too much problems with them spreading at all. I let them sit for a few though before I ever touch them. I love my Prisma markers, especially the price, but I would love to have the Copics I must admit, but that is later down the road. I actually have no favorite way to color, it depends on my mood and the look I am going for, I love chalks, pencils and watercolors.
Hugs to you Sistah!
Leslie

slbt17 said...

Cute card Kristen - you do have a knack for that coloring.
I do not use Copics - why? Can not afford them ... maybe someday - but I can not justify the cost at the moment - so I use other techniques - most of them don't involve coloring.
Sandra

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute, can't have enough copics ;-) I also love to watercolor though.

Linda S. said...

Hi Kristen,
Just wanted to say you have made another gorgeous card. So cute. I do not own Copics, and do not intend to. Cannot justify the price. I do love to color images that I have stamped, and my preferred method is Prismacolor Premier pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits. Linda S. in NE